1. Create a plan: Before transferring or redesigning the site, create a detailed plan of action that includes timelines, resources, and responsible parties. Ensure all steps in the migration or redesign process are spelled out to avoid confusion and data loss.
2. Keep backups: Make backups of all your current site files and data before you begin the migration or redesign. This will protect you from losing data in case there are problems or errors during the migration or redesign process.
3. Check SEO: When migrating or redesigning your site, paying attention to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is essential. Ensure that the new version of the site retains all previously optimized meta tags, headers, URLs, and other SEO elements to maintain its position in search engine results.
4. Test functionality: Before launching the new site, ensure all its functional elements work correctly. Run tests on different devices and browsers to ensure the site displays correctly and functions without errors.
5. Update content: Moving or redesigning the site is an excellent opportunity to update content and make it more relevant and appealing to users. Update information about your company, products, or services, and ensure the site's content is relevant to your current business goals.
6. Save links: If you have to change page URLs or site structure during a migration or redesign, save old links to avoid losing traffic and search engine rankings. Set up redirects from the old URLs to the new URLs to maintain SEO value and keep users on the site.
7. Communicate with users: If the site migration or redesign involves changing the look and feel or functionality of the site, it is essential to inform your users of the upcoming changes and possible problems with the temporary unavailability of the site. Prepare messages for social media, email, and other communication channels to notify your customers of these changes.
Our specialists will gladly transfer your site or update its design! Contact us for a cost estimate.